EPIC PLANKS warranties to the original purchaser that all of its skis shall be free of defects in materials and craftsmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase. If, in the sole judgment of EPIC PLANKS, the skis are determined to have material or craftsmanship defects EPIC PLANKS’s sole obligation shall be to repair or replace the defective product at EPIC PLANKS’s discretion. This warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- This warranty only applies to the original owner of skis purchased from EPIC PLANKS or an authorized EPIC PLANKS dealer. Proof of purchase is required for verification of original ownership. Hand written receipts are not accepted. EPIC PLANKS products purchased at auctions, close-out/outlet websites, ODAT or discount sites such as Ebay, Craigslist, etc. do not include any warranty.
- All warranty claims and returns must receive a prior return authorization in the form of a return authorization number (RA number), which may be requested by phone at 877-SKI-EPIC, or via email. Skis must be shipped prepaid to EPIC PLANKS with a tracking number. EPIC PLANKS assumes no responsibility for returns damaged during shipment.
- If skis are returned without a valid RA number, or are deemed not covered by the warranty, shipping costs to return the skis is the customer’s responsibility.
- Upon issuance of a Return Authorization number, you will receive an address to direct the return to.
- Shipping to EPIC PLANKS is the responsibility of the person returning the product. We will not accept collect shipments. If the claim is deemed a warranty issue we will incur the shipping charges to return the product to you by normal ground transportation. If the product is not deemed a warranty issue, you will be informed of our decision and we will work with you to return the package at your expense.
Please be sure to include the following inside your return shipping box:
- Return Address
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Brief explanation of the problem
- RA number and proof of purchase (receipt)
- EPIC PLANKS Dealers and/or Representatives are not authorized to make any warranty evaluations. We are not bound by any statements made by those persons.
Excluded under this warranty are the following:
- Damage cause by neglect, misuse, or abuse
- Damage related to impacts, including but not limited to: rocks, rails, boxes, stumps, trees, parking lots, on-mountain equipment, chairlifts, etc.
- Damage in the form of chips, dents, or indentations to the topsheets or bases
- Damage caused by the improper mounting, adjustment, or use of bindings, including bindings pulling out of the ski.
- Damage caused by solvents or adhesives
- Graphic fading or discoloring, if due to misuse or neglect
- Minor base irregularities
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or manufacturing
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages.
- Any changes, modifications or alterations void the warranty.
- Repaired or replaced skis are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
ROCK DAMAGE AND ANY OTHER IMPACT RELATED DAMAGE INCLUDING DAMAGE CAUSED BY RAILS AND OTHER URBAN FEATURES IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WRITTEN WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW AS HEREBY LIMITED, THE FOREGOING EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, AGREEMENTS AND SIMILAR OBLIGATIONS OF MANUFACTURER OR SELLER. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.